New evening experiences coming soon to Territory tourism
- 05 April 2022
Over $170,000 will be available to Territory tourism operators to develop new evening attractions.
The Tourism Evening Experiences grant program offers funding of up to $14,500 to support NT operators to develop new and/or seasonal tourism offerings that deliver tourism benefits to the regions, with the 14 operators co-investing more than $82,000 to bring their evening experiences to life.
Alice Springs will see four new evening experiences including:
* a twilight tour of the Old Gaol’s dark history at the Women’s Museum of Australia;
* a Dinner Under the Stars experience at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame;
* Earth Sanctuary will develop a new Sunset to Sunrise adventure program; and
* Ooraminna Station Homestead will develop a Wildlife Experience Survival dinner.
In the Katherine and Kakadu National Park region visitors will be able to enjoy:
- Sunset Yoga with Gorge View and Bullo River Station will offer overnight stays at their Lake View Huts; and
- Cooinda Lodge at Kakadu will be developing a Kakadu Dining under the Stars experience for visitors.
In the Greater Darwin region seven new evening experiences have received a funding boost including:
- Create your own Pizza dining at De Lago Resort on Lake Bennett;
- A new evening show A Day in the Life of a Ringer at Yarraman Territory;
- An Outdoor Cinema for Batchelor Holiday Park;
- Evening Experiences at Barramundi Adventures Darwin;
- Night Sky Tours at Tumbling Waters;
- Garden Park Golf Links will fence and light their evening mini golf course; and
- Walk Darwin will undertake a feasibility study for an evening Hop-On Hop-Off Walking Tour.
The new evening experiences will open and be bookable in the coming months, with all projects to be up and running by the end of June.