Tourism Evening Experiences Development Support
Tourism Evening Experiences Development Support Round 2
Tourism Destination Management Plans highlight the need to further develop night time tourism experiences and extend the breadth of experiences available to increase length of stay and support regional dispersal.
The Northern Territory Government has awarded $28,000 to four tourism businesses to implement new evening experiences in the second round of this program. Projects include:
- a family friendly evening dining experience at Katherine Outback Experience
- support to enable new evening cycling tours to Simpsons Gap and special tours on full moon nights with Red Centre Adventures in Alice Springs
- an outdoor cinema for family film evenings at the Adelaide River Inn; and
- developing night time experiences for children and families at Daly Waters Pub with an outdoor cinema area.
Tourism Evening Experiences Recipients Round 1
Over $170,000 has been awarded to tourism businesses to implement new evening experiences.
In the Alice Springs and MacDonnell Ranges region:
- a twilight tour of the Old Gaol’s dark history at the Women’s Museum of Australia;
- a Dinner Under the Stars experience at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame;
- Earth Sanctuary will develop a new Sunset to Sunrise adventure program; and
- Ooraminna Station Homestead will develop a Wildlife Experience Survival dinner.
In Big Rivers region and Kakadu National Park:
- Sunset Yoga with Gorge View
- Bullo River Station will offer overnight stays at their Lake View Huts; and
- Cooinda Lodge at Kakadu will be developing a Kakadu Dining under the Stars experience for visitors.
In the Greater Darwin region:
- Create your own Pizza dining at De Lago Resort on Lake Bennett;
- A new evening show A Day in the Life of a Ringer at Yarraman Territory;
- An Outdoor Cinema for Batchelor Holiday Park;
- Evening Experiences at Barramundi Adventures Darwin;
- Night Sky Tours at Tumbling Waters;
- Garden Park Golf Links will fence and light their evening mini golf course; and
- Walk Darwin will undertake a feasibility study for an evening Hop-On Hop-Off Walking Tour.