Congratulations to the 2023 Brolga Award winners
- 13 November 2023
The NT’s tourism industry night of nights saw 28 Territory businesses, organisations and individuals crowned as the best in the business.
Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia’s Wintjiri Wiru, emerged as a standout performer taking out the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism Experiences category as well as being crowned the Chair’s Choice for Tourism Excellence.
Matt Cameron-Smith, CEO of Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia said the team were absolutely thrilled Wintjiri Wiru has been recognised at the Northern Territory’s Brolga Awards.
“Importantly, these awards honour the Anangu and the story they have so graciously shared with the world to create Wintjiri Wiru,” he said.
“We’re incredibly proud to be able to share this stunning Indigenous storytelling experience with our guests, offering an authentic connection to Anangu culture in the spiritual heart of Australia.”
Darwin Waterfront took the best Major Tourist Attraction with Darwin Festival crowned best Major Festival after winning the same award in 2022.
Sab Lord and Ann-Maree Grant of Lords Kakadu and Arnhemland Safaris received the highest individual accolade, jointly receiving the Tourism Minister’s Perpetual Trophy in recognition of their dedication and commitment to Territory tourism.
Some other Brolga Award winner highlights include:
- New Tourism Business Category awarded to Art Tours of Australia
- New Northern Territory People’s Choice Tripadvisor / Shiji ReviewPro awarded to Top Didj Cultural Experience and Art Gallery
- Tourism Industry Employee Award went to Dimitrios Georgakis of H on Mitchell
- Matt Mulga received the George Dunne Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual for his long-standing commitment to the tourism industry; and
- Snapper Rocks received the Tourism Business Growth Award. This award recognises a business that identified smart investments and decisions along with clear opportunities for further business growth.
The business award winners will now represent the Northern Territory at the Australian Tourism Awards, here in Darwin on Friday 15 March 2024.
Visit Brolga Awards Facebook for all the winners!