Bruce Munro Tropical Light
The NT Government has announced a new exhibition for Darwin titled ‘Bruce Munro: Tropical Light’ from 1 November 2019 to 30 April 2020.
Bruce Munro has been commissioned to create site specific works for Darwin with the NT Major Events Company being tasked with facilitating and curating the exhibition.
The exhibition is the catalyst for helping change the way people view the wet season. By creating a uniquely tropical seasonal perception of Darwin over the six months of the exhibition, we are encouraging people to embrace our Tropical Summer as a vibrant, colourful and exciting time of year to work, live and visit.
The illuminated sculptures will be connected by a centralised self-guided path people can wander along, with each piece intended to inspire interest during the day and hold special significance when illuminated at night. The path has been designed to allow local Darwin artists to have their work featured, creating a vibrant 2.5km art trail through the Darwin CBD that will also provide opportunities for local businesses to get involved.
How to Get Involved
Consider how your business, and it doesn’t have to be a tourism business, can incorporate Tropical Light theming. It could be art, lights, tropical colours, or something really creative.
Bundling or packaging a range of experiences provides a new way to promote your business. Can you value add your product to another, to grow both businesses? Or, for tourism operators, could you provide a nett rate to develop a commissionable product to be distributed through travel partners such as Holidays of Australia & the World and Tourism Top End?
Take inspiration from businesses and city CBDs that have leveraged other destination events such as Uluru’s Field of Light, Albany’s Avenue of Honour, Tasmania’s Dark MOFO and Sydney’s Vivid Festival.
Join a Tropical Light session with Tourism Top End and Distinctly Tourism Management to workshop product ideas and hear about what has and hasn’t worked at Avenue of Honour.
Put those lights on and get creative!
- Create your own signature tourism offering - Create a Tropical Light experience for your clients.
- Workshop - Attend a workshop with Tourism Top End to brainstorm how to best leverage the event.
- Access official marketing assets via dropbox – official promotional files can be provided to local Tourism Industry operators upon request. To access a range of assets you can use to promote your business alongside ‘Bruce Munro: Tropical Light’, please email email@example.com Businesses are reminded to please redownload the dropbox link to access any updated materials.
- Social media – make sure you share your ‘Tropical Light’ packages on social media by using the official hashtags #tropicallight_darwin and #brucemunro, and tag @tropicallight on Facebook and @tropicallight.darwin on Instagram.
- Communication – feature Tropical Light in touch points with your clients pre- and post-arrival. Add details on your website, in booking confirmations, in your lobby/venue/vehicle/vessel.
Industry Briefing Sessions
A number of industry briefing sessions have been held for tourism and hospitality operators. We have filmed these sessions so industry can refer back to the briefing - view here.
A retailers briefing session was also held to help retailers understand how to get engaged. The session included an exhibition path walk and Activation conversations. If you are a retailer and missed out on this session please contact us for more information.
For more information
Tourism Top End
NT Major Events
or call 08 8999 6625