Regional Destination Plans
Regional Destination Management Plans (RDMP) are a key requirement for accessing future investment in regions. They are being developed for the seven primary reporting regions across the Northern Territory. A RDMP is a business plan for building and managing the visitor economy for a particular destination.
These plans are primarily an information sharing documents for regional stakeholders to guide them in management and investment decisions within the destination. A Regional Destination Management Plan seeks to achieve the following outcomes:
- Extend visitor number and length of stay in a region through consumer focus, attractive and safe experiences and more effective promotion
- Strengthen relationships with neighboring regions and states to enhance the existing road journeys
- Encourage visitors to leave the highway and travel through some of the more remote and natural areas of the region
- Ensure a coordinated approach to tourism between business, government, the tourism industry and communities.
Seven Regional Destination Management Plans will be developed:
- Alice Springs & MacDonnell
- Arnhem Land
- Greater Darwin
- Katherine and Daly
Find out more
For more information contact:
p: 08 8999 5198