A stunning capture of a lightning strike over Uluru was the Territory's most liked Instagram post of 2017.
The electrifying image by @pure_dynamix_photography took out Number One spot on the top 10 highest performing Instagram images of the year shared to Tourism NT's Instagram channel, @AusOutbackNT
The image received over 12,200 likes – more than double that of 2016’s top-performing image, making it Tourism NT's most liked image ever.
The Top 10 images of 2017 represent the diversity of the Territory's regions and spectacular natural beauty with images from Arnhem Land, the Barkly, Kakadu, Litchfield, Lorella Springs and Mataranka all featured in the coveted list.
Instagram continues to be a powerful platform to promote the Territory, particularly to the millennial audience, and inspire potential holiday-makers to Do the NT.
Tourism NT’s official social media accounts have a combined following of more than 650,000, with hundreds of images submitted each day from travelers sharing their journeys throughout the Territory.
Territorians and visitors can share their images with Tourism NT by using the official hashtag #NTAustralia.
Top Ten Instagram Images of 2017
1. Lightning cracks over Uluru by @pure dynamix_photography received 12,200 likes
2. Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) by @cleocohen received 11,400 likes
3. Bird’s eye view of Wangi by @lukebakhuizen received 8,300 likes
4. Uluru’s Field of light by @mitch.cox received 7,400 likes
5. Mataranka’s thermal pools by @nurik_travel received 6,800 likes
6. Uluru’s Field of Light by @matt.bowchow received 6,500 likes
7. Uluru from a helicopter by @craiggreenphotography received 6,500 likes
8. Waterfalls at Uluru by @laravillar1401 received 6,200 likes
9. Uluru and the Field of Light at sunset by @kate_miles_ received 6,100 likes
10. Lorella Springs Wilderness Park by @mandarinmandarin7 received 5,900 likes