Virgin Australia has announced a new service from Darwin to Denpasar, Bali from April 2019.
The seasonal service will operate three times per week, between 10 April and 20 October 2019, on a Boeing 737-800 aircraft (176 seats).
The flights follow extensive discussions between the Territory Government, NT Airports and airlines over new routes linking Darwin to destinations in Asia.
Tourism NT will undertake a cooperative marketing campaign with Virgin Australia in Bali to build inbound demand on the route by promoting major events such as the V8 Supercars, AFL matches and Darwin Festival.
Other activity to help build inbound demand for the service will include marketing with online travel agents such as Expedia, Kayak and Odigeo, global social media coverage and activities around the inaugural flight.
Details on the Virgin Australia additional Darwin to Denpasar service:
- Service will commence on Wednesday 10 April
- Service is seasonal and will operate between 10 April and 20 October 2019
- Service will operate Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Departing Darwin at 2100 and arriving Denpasar 2220
- Departing Denpasar 1545 and arriving Darwin 2000
- Service operated by 737-800 aircraft, with 8 business and 168 economy seats